Belonging is back! After my winter hibernation, I find myself craving a little vernal worship. So this episode is all about ancestral rituals and practices for spring.
First, I share lessons I learned while wintering, including my stepping away from social media, making my life small, and my seasonal self-care wheel. Then we dive into the pleasure of seeds, greens, flowers, eggs, honey, and milk. I offer my favorite practices for planting, cooking, nourishing yourself, and connecting with ancestral rituals for spring.
“You are the seed. I am the seed. We are encoded with the DNA of all that came before us. We are the heirloom seed. What needs to be activated in us now?”
- My winter self-care wheel
- Reel for making pesto
- Nettle soup recipe (with potatoes)
- Marysia Miernowska
- Sister Spinster
- Bloom Generation Flowers
- Belonging Episode #77: Mothering the Mothers with Rachelle Garcia Seliga
- Belonging Episode #69: Motherhood, Grief, and the Grandmother Hypothesis with Amber Magnolia Hill
- Medicine Stories Episode #67: Harvesting Light: The Alchemy of Sun & Human w/Nadine Artemis
- Root & Ritual: Timeless Ways to Connect to Land, Lineage, Community, and the Self