Today I am so excited to have Erica Feldmann join me on the Belonging Podcast. Erica is the owner of HausWitch, a modern metaphysical shop in Salem, MA that blends magic, activism, and deep community.
Erica and I talk about how capitalism wants to keep us out of close community (and so how circling closely with other folx is a form of resistance), how using the word "witch" serves historical anger (but also how we need to check our privilege in our ability to use this word without fear), the true importance of housework, and how we can bring magic and ritual into our everyday mundane.
"Magic can be infused into the most mundane and everyday tasks." -Erica Feldmann
- We mention how both Jessie Susannah (@money.witch) and Liz Migliorelli (@sister_spinster) have been Instagram connectors for us.
- The Book of English Magic by Philip Carr-Gomm and Richard Heygate
- HausWitch Spell Kits
- A Simple Spell Against the CIS Hetero White Supremacist Patriarchy
- Erica mentioned the video piece NBC did on HausWitch: "The modern witch of Salem: Feminist, empowered and anti-Trump"
- Erica mentioned the House Beautiful article on HausWitch: "This Salem Home Store is Like West Elm for Witches"
- Belonging Episode #31: On Money, Worth & Capitalism with Thais Sky
- Sacred Ground Floor Cleaner at HausWitch
- Abracadabra All-Purpose Cleaner at HausWitch
More from Erica Feldmann:
How do you bring magic into the mundane?
Share in the comments below!
Credit for the phrase "be a good ancestor" goes to Arianna of Quw'utsun' Made
Join our community of curiousand brave-hearted womxn + weekly-ish wisdom to your inbox
Say yes, even if you're worreid you won't fit in. I'll send you weekly-ish emails about our longing to belong, living with the seasons, connecting with ancestors to enjoy with your morning warm beverage.