I chose this time of year — the winter, waning time of year — to talk about something that I have experienced a lot of in my life: burnout. When we go against the energies of the season, especially in this productivity-focused culture, we experience a lot of burnout — and some of us don’t even realize that’s what we’re experiencing or we resist identifying with being burnt out because burnout has been equated with failure.
So today I’m sharing some thoughts on burnout and I’m bringing in a couple other voices to share their stories. We’re talking about the symptoms of burnout, the causes of burnout, and some of the ways that you can begin to heal yourself from burnout.
“When the reward does not equal the effort, there is an imbalance. It is out of reciprocity and burnout can happen.”
- Belonging Episode #32: Navigating Marriage, Spiritual Transformation, and Witchy Life with Tim Piastrelli
- George Monbiot calls our time “the Age of Loneliness”
- SelfControl app
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Hearthfire is the support program that I lead
- Thank you so much to Lauren, Sophie, Margie, Stephanie, and Tim for sharing your words on burnout
How have you healed from burnout or how do you prevent burnout?
Share in the comments below!
Credit for the phrase “be a good ancestor” goes to Arianna of Quw’utsun’ Made