Lara Veleda Vesta is back on the Belonging podcast, continuing the threads of our conversation from a couple years ago and introduce her new book, Wild Soul Runes: Reawakening the Ancestral Feminine.
Lara is an artist, author, storyteller, and educator transforming chronic illness into a path of healing and reclaiming. Her research interests include ancestral connection and disability as initiation. She shares her journey with mythtelling, folk magic, ancestor lore, and ritual practice with her Patreon community and through classes at the Wild Soul School.
Together in this episode, we talk about Lara’s process with writing and illustrating her new book and getting the book deal, what are the runes and where did they come from, being in relationship with ancestral tools, how to work with Lara’s book Wild Soul Runes, the journey to spiritual sovereignty, and finding spirituality amidst chronic illness and disability.
“There is no such thing as something that is just a tool – it is a living, breathing entity.” -Lara Veleda Vesta
- Belonging Episode #20: Rites of Passage with Lara Veleda Vesta
- I mention my former teacher Liz Migliorelli
- Lara mentions The Well of Remembrance by Ralph Metzner in reference to the misappropriation of runes by supremacist groups
- Lara mentions Marija Gimbutas in relationship with The Sacred Script as she calls it in her book The Civilization of the Goddess
More from Lara Veleda Vesta:
- Wild Soul School
- Support Lara on Patreon
- The Moon Divas Guidebook
- The Moon Divas Oracle
- Order Lara’s art
- @veledavesta on Instagram