I’ve been waiting to do an episode on this topic because it’s a practice that I engage in every month: yoni steaming.
Not long ago, I shared on my Instagram stories my practice of yoni steaming, and I have gotten so many questions since then, so I invited the lovely Kit Murray Maloney who is not only my friend and a Vaginal Steam Practitioner, but she is also the creator of the steam stool that I use (and love!).
Together in this episode, we talk about the word “yoni” (and the cultural appropriation in ancient wellness practices), the what/why/how of vaginal steaming, the dark history of gynecology, the contraindications for steaming, and Kit generously offers so much information on what to look for and how to get started with this body/spirit healing practice.
“‘Yoni’ so resonates with the truth of this part of the body that I live in, and certainly so much more than when I juxtapose it with the word ‘vagina,’ which is a Latin word for ‘sheath’…for yes, a sword.” -Kit Murray Maloney
- I mention the Spirit Weavers Gathering as the place where I experienced my first vaginal steam
- Kit mentioned Elydé Arroyo (@groundedwombdoula on Instagram) as someone who has been passed down the medicine of yoni steaming
- Kit mentions her teacher, Keli Garza (@steamychick on Instagram)
- Kit mentions the first U.S. vaginal steam study that addresses vaginal steaming for post-partum support
More from Kit Murray Maloney:
- @bykitara on Instagram
- The Original Kitara Sauna*
- *affiliate links | Please use discount code BELONGING and add an online consultation to your cart for a free consultation with your purchase